Saturday, December 19, 2009

The first snow...and before Christmas!

It snowed!! Snow, snow, glorious snow! Yesterday was our last day of school, and thankfully, for all involved, it was a half-day. And around 1 p.m., the forecasted winter storm hit....snow!! It snowed most of the day and into the night...with a layer of ice on top. Unfortunately, I've had the crud, and Brant is getting over an ear infection, so we've not played in it as much as normal, but Brantley did take B out last night and this morning, for a good tromp. I enjoyed watching from
the window, it was waaaaaaay too cold for my stopped up head. I hope this is a sign of a wonderful winter! If it's going to be cold, bring on the snow!
Brant and I napped this afternoon, and if you know Brant, that means he was up until just a few minutes ago! And it's midnight! So, I decided, as long as we were going to be up late, to go ahead and make sugar cookie dough. Brant, being my best kitchen assistant, pitched in. We put in all the "gredients" and got to work. Brant, however, learned a very valuable lesson. Always start the mixer on low!! He's covered in powdered sugar! We always said he was as sweet as sugar...now he tastes sweet too!!

No comments: