Monday, January 5, 2009

Marbles and back to school

We've had a wonderful holiday break, but alas, at 6:30 this morning, it was back to school. The last week of vacation has been so fun. We made sure to take time to do some things Brant was interested in, so we took him to a children's "nuseum." The museum, named Marbles, is in Raleigh, and it's geared to kids Brant's age and to about age 7 or 8. It's a free for all, pretend play, climb and touch sort of place. We went because Melissa, the lady who cuts my hair, told us there is a pirate ship for them to play on. Boy, was there a pirate ship, complete with dress up clothes for pirates, a mop to swab the deck and a plank to walk! It was great fun for us all! The museum had a whole play city, with a firetruck to drive, and real fireman gear to play with. They used real items when they could. It was really neat, and we all enjoyed it. The best thing though, was that there were "oculators" in the gift store. Brant has continually talked about Pop Pops oculators. I had no idea what he was talking about, until he did the hand motion, like binoculars, at his eyes! I mistakenly said, "Maybe there will be oculators at the Museum store." Phew...thank goodness there were! We also had a great visit with Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Mark. Although Brant thinks they live at the airport, he loved visiting with them, and was wanted to spend as much time with them as he could (as we all did!). While taking a walk in our new jog stroller, Brant told me he had missed me today. I told him that I had missed him too, but I was glad to see my students again, that I had missed them too. Then Brant looked up at me and said, "I missed my teachers too...Miss Amissa and Miss Awanda." What a smart boy to relate the student/teacher relationship! Well, we are gearing up for Lindsey's baby shower in Delaware and can't wait to hold our new little Delaney (watch out O'Days...the baby hog is on her way!). Love to all...pics will be posted soon. We got a new camera and my laptop won't recognize the larger SD card...so Ihave to wait for instructions from the computer guru!

No comments: