Saturday, February 5, 2011

Silliness, cookies and a Valentine mailbox

It's been a fairly uneventful week this week.  The weather has been blah, and Brant is coming down from his 100th Day of School high.  The most exciting thing that happened this week, according to Brant, was being line leader on Friday.  For Mom, it was the half day on Friday.  Dad? Don't know, but I DO know he's VERY much looking forward to his day off tomorrow.

It seems Dad's been home more this week, in the evenings, and it's really helped, as I'm prepping two new units for the K3's and K4's and that means lots of cutting, coloring and gluing. Not to mention cutting it AGAIN after it's been laminated.  As I was working at the kitchen table, Brant was squealing in this little kid ear piercing, totally happy squeal.  Going in to find out what was going on, I couldn't find him.  Daddy was smirking.  Next thing I hear is knocking.  From inside the TV armoire we are trying to sell (and have had 2 people from Craigslist back out of, which is why it's still IN the house and not in the garage)!  Opening it up, Brant had a pillow, blanket, flashlight and book.  According to him, "It's my new hideout!"

This morning, while the boys did boy stuff, I went to my friend Meredith's cookie workshop.  You've seen her cookies before, but if you haven't, check this out her blog.  She did an amazing job, showing how she mixes her perfect dough, and royal icing, which I've not been brave enough to do yet.  THEN, how fun was it that she had 4 cookies for each of us to decorate!  I had so much fun, didn't do half bad (although Meredith is in NO danger of losing my business! :-) ) and they boys loved having a treat when I came home.

After a quick trip to Michaels to pick up some supplies, Brant and I got to work on his ever changing Valentine mailbox.  First, Batman, then Super Heroes.  Finally, he wanted to make Tootles, the Train from the Golden Book.  We set off to find black wrapping paper, having gathered supplies for a funnel, etc. from home.   By the time we searched for black paper, Brant found blue, and decided to do Thomas. Phew...much easier.   And so, the Thomas construction began.







I'll let Brant tell you about it in his own words!

No comments: