Friday, February 6, 2009

The first parent-teacher conference

Yesterday, Brantley and I reported to Brant's playschool for his first parent-teacher conference. No, he was not in trouble, it was just an assesment that all the children took part in, and we got the results. Basically, it was one of those things saying your child is on the level, or not. I have to admit, it was very different being in the parent seat, and I think it will influence my approach during my own conferences as the teacher. To cut to the chase, he's doing great. He takes after his daddy a bit, becuase he likes to be in the perimeter of the action, but to quote his teacher, Ms. Anissa, "Brantley is such a HAPPY child! Always smiling, with a can-do attitude, he's ready for Playschool and all the fun! In the coming months we will continue to expose Brantley to social activities-group and one to one. Repetition of language that builds friendships and confidence will help him to socially grow. I have really enjoyed watching him mature, right before my eyes!" Playschool has been such a blessing to Brantley, because, really, he's around adults most of the time. He's got some friends he plays with in the neighborhood, but all of his cousins are far away. We are working on the social skills with kids his own age, but, as we already knew, he's right on track for his age.
Well, I'm heading for bed, and have been for the last 20 minutes! I had a great talk with the Japan Soules, or rather, the Japan Soule girls. Happy 16th Birthday to Hannah!! Our sweet 16!! Lots of love to all of you who are reading, but for one reason or another, haven't been able to get signed up as followers! It keeps surprising me to find out who is reading this blog, each week, I find out someone new! So, I'll keep it up, it's a great way to chronicle our lives, and to keep all of our family and friends close to our hearts.

No comments: