Monday, March 9, 2009

Chores

It was another beautiful day today! I have to admit, I was even a little hot! Everyone is in shorts, the trees are blooming and so are the early spring flowers. Although, it is supposed to get colder later this week, I do think we have reached the end of winter! At last! I came home from school and Brant and I spent most of the evening outside. He and Amy (the neighbor) chased each other around the yard, screaming and rolling in the fresh spring grass. We also got some flower beds cleaned up. When I picked up my rake, Brant asked me what I was going to do. When I told him I was going to clean out the flower beds he looked genuinely puzzled. Then, with a big smile, he said, "Mommy, dem's not flower beds...dat's a gahdin!" Silly Mommy! I've think I've forgotten to update you all on some recent "firsts" and other accomplishments Brantley and I are busting our buttons about. First of all, and VERY important, Brant now pee pees in the potty like a big boy. One day, he ran into the bathroom, all by himself, got his stool, and did it! He now goes basically unassisted!! I can't believe it, he just did it all by himself. Also, Brant has his first chore. His job is to unload the silverware from the dishwasher tray. He is so good at matching that it's an easy job for him, but he's very proud when he finishes, and gets a high five from Mom and Dad. A couple of nights ago, after finishing dinner, I was clearing the table, and asked Brant if he was finished. He said yes, and I took his plate. "No Mommy, I need da fork!" he yelled at me. I gave him back the fork, he jumped up, went to the trash can, scraped his plate and put it in the sink!! I must admit, I did a double take!! But it's been repeated several times! Oh, if only the joy in chores would last!! But I am impressed! Ooops, there goes another button! :-)

No comments: