Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Odds n' Ends

Life at the O'Day house has been in an allergy induced fog for the last few days, so I've not been feeling too "bloggish." But alas, Brant keeps us laughing, so matter how we feel, so really, I'm never lacking in material. I was fixing dinner the other night (quite proud of it, if I do say so myself) when I set the can of corn on the counter, preparing to warm it up. Brant walks in, "Mommy, I want CORN for dinner!" He has taken to yelling to emphasize. "Sure, buddy, go watch TV until it's ready." I emptied the can and put the corn in the microwave to warm it. As I was taking it out, the phone rang. I set the bowl on the table and answered the phone. When I turned around to look for the corn, IT WAS GONE! Looking everywhere, even in the fridge, it was no where to be found. Ah ha...when something strange is afoot, check the small one. So I went into the living room to find Brant eating corn out of the bowl, with the big serving spoon. Laughing, I put it back on the table, and finished putting the rest of dinner out. I turned around with the chicken and IT WAS GONE AGAIN! Swiper strikes again! I go back into the living room, where Brant is now seriously chowing on corn! I guess he really meant it when he said he wanted corn for dinner! When I came home from school today, Brantley was giving me the rundown of the day with Brant, what they did, school...and yes, did he poop yet? Ok, I guess, unless you are a mother of a small child this is a gross and extremely uninteresting subject. But, if you have a little one, pooping, on the potty no less, is a cause for celebration! You see, we've been having poopy issues, ever since his bout with the stomach flu and accompanying loose poopy. He is scared he's going to have it again whenever he has to go, and therefore, it's a big issue to get him on the potty. Well, today, Brantley informed me that Brant came up with his own name for loose poopy. Cringing, I ask, "What?" Poopy juice!! AUUUGGGHH!! What a horribly accurate name for it! Leave it to a kid! Well, on this disgusting (but hopefully slightly entertaining!)subject, I will bid you farewell! Love to all! Aunt Cheryl, sorry we missed your call. Aunt Ya Ya, your birthday package will be on the way soon, but unfortunately late!

No comments: