Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Opening Day 2012 for the Cardinals

"Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the crowd..."  Yep, we are up and running the bases in the 2012 baseball season! This is Brant's first year playing baseball (as in not t-ball) and we've already had a few surprises.  The biggest one being that we play teams from Mebane and Graham, home and AWAY!! There are too few teams in each city for the age level, so they play together. But I don't care for the evening games in Mebane on a school night!  That being said, I have to suck it up, it is what it is, and I just prep for things earlier!

The first game was actually in Mebane, so we high tailed it over there!
Warming up!  (just a note about his uniform shirt...we ordered him a medium, but for some reason, none got printed, so he got a LARGE!!!!!)

Watching his teammate catch the fly ball

Ready position for some ground ball drills

Yep, I'm a Cardinal now!

Waiting to get things going

ANNNNNND Play ball!!

Brant got to bat twice, and while he didn't get a hit, he did get a piece of the ball



Good game, good game, good game....no score is kept with Pee Wee baseball, but Coach informed us we did win, 6-2!

Blurry, but the post game pep talk, high fives.
Another big change, and a big one for the kids...NO SNACKS after the game! I don't know how I feel about that one...they are still 5!
 One of the fun things about this season are some of the players are friends from t-ball, and friends from other places too! My friend Meredith's (aka the Awesome Cookie Lady!) son JM is on the team as well.  She took these photos of Brant during warm-up!






We don't have to wait long for the next game! We'll be back in Mebane for another tomorrow!

No comments: